March 09, 2011

Inspired

     Cold, dark and lonely… I remember those feelings as I was arrested in Warsaw, 1906. Sorry readers. That was just a random fact about me.. But ironically, here I am. In prison. Again. In August of 1916, my boy K. Lieb (Karl Liebknecht), Clara Zetkin, and Franz Mehring, founded the Spartacus League and we thought it be a neat idea of we published illegal, anti-war pamphlets which were pseudonymously signed as “Spartacus”. (All this secret stuff we did gave me such an adrenaline rush. It was awesome). Anyways, we rejected the SPD’s supposrt for the war… and that’s what got me arrested.
     It’s World War I right now, and here I am, stuck in prison for the bulk of it (big sigh), and I don’t get to participate much in it. Anyways, as I am stuck here, and I am working on my Spartakusbriefe and Die Russisce Revolution, and it will talk about how the October Revolution forgoes a world revolution. I must admit… I can really concentrate while I’m locked up! I am also going to start writing The Junius Pamphlet under my pseudonym Junius (fellow readers, don’t rat me out on this one!) Once I get out of this wretched place, I vow to start some kind of uprising in Berlin….hmm… I’ll probably call it the Spartacist uprising. Yes! It is determined! No longer will I sit back and watch what unfolds, I will act upon it! I, Rosa Luxemburg am determined to make my mark on history and convince the public that the government is all wrong. Once again, Rosa Luxemburg shall conquer all!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Rosa,
    I have come to know you through this wonderful blogging site. I'm so sorry to hear that you are in jail. Again. However, I'm very glad to hear that you have great determination and spirits to mark your spot in history. I agree that your government is quite corrupt, and Germany is need of change before another war brakes out. Anyways, I hope you achieve your goals with the Spartacus League and uprisings against the government. Good Luck!
    -E.Benes

    ReplyDelete